Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mickey Mouse Baby Room / Nursery


It's been over two years since I updated this blog and the reason for that coincides with the topic of this post! Things have been hectic since the birth of my son a year and a half ago but I was inspired to start blogging again when one of my favorite YouTubers recently shared a look at her son's nursery nearly a year after he was born... so this post has been in the works for a long time!

While my son's bedroom is a bit more crowded (i.e. messy) with toys these days, the decor has remained the same. One of the things I love about the way his room turned out is that the design can absolutely grow with him. My focus was on a color palate of red, yellow and black (which worked nicely with some of the existing wood furniture in a natural tone) and with the addition of a few decor elements intended for a child's room. Also, concentrating on colors instead of specifically nursery decor made this project affordable and fun to piece together. 

Most of this room was put together from Amazon, Ikea, and Shop Disney. Links are below. Where some items are no longer available I tried to put something similar:





Ours purchased at The Chapeau on Main Street USA, Walt Disney World



The one pictured was given to us as a gift from an unknown shop. 

 Mickey sketch sent by the Walt Disney World Resort as a thank you from our 2015 visit. Sketch was specially created by Senior Character Artist Don “Ducky” Williams. Frame from Ikea. 


 

POÄNG Rocking chair, birch veneerCushion design & color slightly different from pictured




Style pictured is EXPEDIT in birch veneer from 10 years ago.
Linked is the similar updated version. 





Style pictured is DaVinci Emily - no longer available






Duffy the Disney Bear
available for purchase at the Disney Studio Store in Hollywood Studios Animation Courtyard

Vintage from my own childhood - made by Hasbro Softies - link to one on eBay


Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm so happy to share this project with you! 

(And yes, my son LOVES Mickey Mouse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment