Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: Disney Sketch Crossbody Satchel by Dooney & Bourke




For Christmas, my husband gave me my first Disney Dooney. I'd seen this bag and pattern while shopping at the Marketplace Co-op in Downtown Disney and I fell in love. Luckily, it's available online so I added it to my wish list:

http://www.disneystore.com/bags-totes-accessories-disney-sketch-crossbody-satchel-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1326970/1000291/

When I opened it up, I was not disappointed!


Now one of the gambles that you take by purchasing it online is that you can't pick the exact pattern you'll be receiving. In fact, the product page states "Each piece is unique. Pattern elements may vary." Now as far I was concerned, I loved the Disney Sketch pattern and as long as all of the different elements were somehow featured, especially Mickey and Minnie, then I was a happy girl. As you can see, the front displays an ear hat, Mickey balloons, Tinkerbell, and other cute characters. The back has Mickey and Minnie, one of Mad Hatter's teacups, a Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Cinderella's glass slipper and a couple of Minnie bows. And the bottom has a bonus Mickey and Minnie.


Disney Sketch is my favorite pattern out of all the Disney Dooneys. First of all, I love that it was "created especially for Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort," and is a unique design - it's not just a repeating pattern. I also love that there's so much going on and it's not like any other purse I own. It doesn't look costume-y either...only when you examine the print do you see it's individual Disney details. It's bright and cheerful and lets me take a little piece of Disney wherever I go!





As for the size: the reviews on disneystore.com are right on. The general consensus is "adorable but small." The actual measurements are 7.5 inches tall (from base to zipper), by 10 inches at it's widest part at the base and 8 inches wide at the zipper. The depth (more like thickness, as seen in the photo directly above) is about 3.5 inches. 

The interior is lined in a deep and vibrant red with tan leather details rimmed in blue. The back wall has a large zipped pocket and a large open pocket. The opposite size has a smaller open pocket beside a wider pocket with button closure. I'd imagine that the smaller open pocket is supposed to be for a cell phone but I find it too small. Instead, my iPhone usually goes in the buttoned pocket and I keep a pen and a lipgloss in the other pocket. There is an attached "key hook" on a lanyard. All of the metal, including the zipper, on this bag is gold colored. Also included is a 26 inch strap that can attach to little rings on either side of the top of the bag. I haven't used it yet but I carry it around with me in the bag's large pocket. 

Even though I have a bag obsession, I usually don't carry all that much with me. In fact, when I use my larger handbags, I always end up carrying other people's stuff! In this bag, I could fit a few more things but not much. In it I have: sunglasses in a case, the attachable crossbody strap, my keys, a pen, my wallet - which is a Vera Bradly Smartphone Wristlet (so my phone is inside), a small lotion and a lip balm. As you can see, they all fit easily inside this satchel. 

I love this purse for everyday use. (Some of the online reviews suggest that some people will use this to visit the parks...I would never bring a bag this small or this expensive, but what I use for and pack in my Disney park bag is another post for another day!) Originally, I thought I wanted something larger, like the Champsac, in this print but I have so many bags that size. This is unique in pattern, in color and in size. Though it is a bit small, I am glad this is the one I received.

I can't wait to get my LeSportsac Classic Hobo in Minnie Floral Park in the mail next week!

Ok, I *might* have a bag problem. But hey, I don't have any Disney Vera Bradleys yet!

Yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment